Interested in obtaining a hands-on senior or lead UX designer opportunity to work on complex, data-driven projects translating user needs and business objectives into a seamless experience.
- With over 17 years of experience in the digital industry, in which 11 years specialised in the field of UX.
- Holds SC - NSV clearance valid until 10th Feb 2028
- A good team player with an ability to collaborate with stakeholders, business analysts, project managers and developers. Accustomed to fast-paced environments and managing multiple projects without compromise to quality and delivery schedules.
- Holds experience working with agencies, consulting, product-based companies both in retail and financial sectors.
- Experience in creating UX deliverables like Usability reviews, Customer journey maps, Experience maps, Sketches, Low/high fidelity wireframes, Prototypes, detailed UI specifications, facilitating the user testing sessions and generating user testing reports and presenting back to the stakeholders.
- Good understanding of UX research methodologies, Usability principles, Information architecture, Lean UX, Design thinking, Design sprint, Web accessibility and Inclusive design.
- Can combine conceptual and analytic thinking; capacity to see the big picture, can synthesize large amounts of information to present effectively.
- Holds a good artistic flair for design, very attention to detail, keen eye for micro-interactions and their importance in creating immersive experiences.
- Happy to work on projects of all sizes and shapes, from a quick one-page prototype to multi-designer six-month research and design project.
- Flexible - cannot bothered about changing priorities or requirements and can work comfortably with a level of uncertainty.
- Good understanding on best practices to design and prototype Voice skills for Alexa. Completed Voice Design course from UX academy, London.
- Certified Usability Analyst (CUA) from Human Factors International in 2012.
- Design softwares: Sketch, Zeplin, Figma, Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign.
- Wireframe and prototyping tools: Axure RP, Invision, Miro, Mural, OmniGraffle, Balsamiq, MS Visio, and UXPin.
- Voice design skills: Creating sample dialogues, conversational flow, prototyping and using Amazon developer console.
- Issue tracker applications: JIRA, Fogbugz.
UX Strategy, Competitive analysis, Usability reviews, Card sorting, Interviewing, Sketching, Scenarios, Sitemaps, High fidelity wireframes, Annotations, Prototyping, Visual design, User testing.
(June 2021 - Till date)
NTT Data / NHS Improvements - Senior UX Designer
- Working as a UX Designer for one of the NTT clients – NHS, England Improvements
- My role involves working closely with Stakeholders, Product Managers and Product Owners to translate requirements into Data visualisation dashboards for Tableau and Foundry platforms.
- Playing a major role in creating a style guide for Tableau dashboards. Working closely with the developers to understand the platform limitations and suggest solutions accordingly. This guide will eventually be extended to the Foundry dashboards too.
- Audited Elective dashboards that were built on Foundry using the tools Slate and Quiver. Co-ordinated with the developers to understand the limitations and suggest improvements for better usability.
(May 2018 - May 2021)
NTT Data / Virgin Media - Lead UX
- Working as a Lead UX designer for one of NTT Data clients - Virgin Media.
- Playing a major role in Virgin Media’s Priority programmes team dealing the projects related to both cable and mobile areas of the business.
- Working closely with the Stakeholders, Product manager and Product owners to understand the business objectives, translating the requirements to the UX solutions; coordinating with the visual designers, developers and the testing teams to bring them into production.
- Worked on different projects related to introducing new propositions, regulatory assignments, improving the existing journeys across their 4 different selling channels.
- Managing the team of 10 designers, reviewing their work, arranging knowledge sharing sessions.
- Involved in setting up and moderating the design sprints, one-to-one user testing sessions.
(Aug 2016 - Apr 2018)
TSB - Senior UX Designer
- Playing a major role in the digital team in TSB and Banco Sabadell migration programme.
- Worked on setting up the UI Specifications document for the responsive secure site. Created styles and widget library in Axure, which are going to be used by rest of the team to bring a consistent look and feel across the document in both public and secure site areas.
- Involved in doing UAT for both public and secure sites, proposed UI and interactive solutions for the better user experience on the website.
- Working along with the stakeholders, business analysts and IT on the in-house projects, identifying UX and UI issues in UAT stages of the site and providing the solutions; liaised with external digital agency to review and finalise the initial design style guide, and with a third party company Inbenta who is providing the FAQs solution in the new Sabadell environment - Proteo4UK
- Working along with business analysts, copywriters to create mock-ups for the change requests of migration programme.
- Completed training with TSB in Anti-money laundering and Counter terrorist financing, Information risk security, Anti bribery, Fraud, Compliance in action and few other areas.
(Mar 2011 - Jul 2016)
Harrods - UX Architect
- A major role in the creative team involved in throughout the entire lifecycle of a project to create delightful user experiences, ensuring the solution meets the balance of both user needs and business objectives.
- Key member of the Replatform programme, working with stakeholders, online trade analysts, trade managers, copy, visual design and development teams to work through the early stages of the project to production stages. Involved in UAT to make sure the end product is aligning as per the visuals and identifying the interaction and functionality issues in the UAT stages of the site.
- Responsible for creating UX deliverables like competitive research documents, sketches, mid to high-fidelity wireframes and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction design ideas. Planning, conducting and analysing usability tests with Harrods staff to inform design decisions.
- Liaising with external agency Usablenet, to work on all of the projects related to the mobile version of the site.
(Mar 2010 - Mar 2011)
- Kick start Digital: Worked on personas, sitemap, user journey and mid-level fidelity wireframes for the Johnson & Johnson Facebook fan page.
- Harrods: Based on the supplied use cases, created mid-level fidelity wireframes for ‘My Account’ section of Harrods.com.
- DNX, ARM (All Response Media), SRA (Search Response Agency): Designing and building email campaigns, landing pages, ad banners & microsites for their high profile clients like Clinique, Cisco, DKNY, Gatwick Airport, SITA, SAP, Vodafone, Unilever.
- Rent on time, Inventory Clerks 4 U, Best Insurance: Created their branding and website.
(Dec 2008 - Mar 2010)
Towergate Insurance - Creative Designer
Liaised with marketing, content team, and external agencies to create the required material for the online marketing campaigns. Re-designed the product pages by considering the best practices for better conversions.
(Aug 2008 - Dec 2008)
GM Technologies - UI Designer
Created UI design and style guide for on e-commerce websites and liaised with developers to make sure the final product is as per the supplied UI.
(Nov 2005 - Jul 2008)
Lera Technologies - Sr. Graphic Designer
Key member of the design team responsible for the UI design, defining the navigation, categorization and interaction design of web applications; creating print-media material and flash demos for client presentations.
(Sep 2004 - Nov 2005)
Sirvisetti Global Services Pvt Ltd - Web Designer
As an in-house designer, I’m responsible for creating websites, application interfaces, and microsites. Involved in creating the brochures, case studies, e-brochures, flash demos, high-level diagrams, paper ads and white papers.
(Aug 2003 - Sep 2004)
Magna IT - Graphic Designer
Worked on e-learning project about Windows server installation for a client Azimuth Interactive. Created flash-based animated images, keyframing and cursor animations and sound integrations.
- Completed Voice Design course from UX Academy, London
- Certified from Interaction Design Foundation in ’Mobile User Experience Design’ and ’User research – Methods and best practices’
- Certified Usability Analyst (CUA) from Human Factors International in 2012
- Professional Diploma in Multimedia (PDM) from HAWK Multimedia Pvt. Ltd., India
Masters in Computer Science from Osmania University, India in 2002.
Driving License: UK full license
References available on request and ready to relocate.