15 rich habits of self-made millionaires
This blog is an excerpt from an article written by Thomas C. Corley posted on Business Insider UK. These below habits were based on his research with 177 self-made millionaires for 5 years.
Long-term success is only possible when you have a positive mental outlook.
- They read consistently.
They tend to read three types of books: biographies of successful people, self-help or personal development, and history.
- They exercise.
Aerobic exercise includes anything cardio, such as running, jogging, walking, or biking
- They hang out with other successful people
- They pursue their own goals
- They get up early.
They woke up at least three hours before their workday actually began
- They have multiple sources of income.
At least 3, real-estate rentals, stock market investments, and part-ownership in a side business
- They find and check in with mentors
- They’re positive
- They don’t follow the herd
- They have good etiquette.
These include sending thank-you notes, acknowledging important life events, such as a wedding or birthday, eating politely and using table manners, and dressing properly for various social events.
- They help others succeed. They help only those who are pursuing success, are optimistic, goal-oriented, positive, and uplifting
- They dedicate 15 to 30 minutes a day to just thinking
- They seek feedback
- They ask for what they want.
Successful people overcome these fears and make a habit of asking everyone they can for help
- They take calculated risks